Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Endor Reborn - Tolkien's Middle-earth for Morrowind
 Dark Elf Creations - Forums : Endor Reborn - Tolkien's Middle-earth for Morrowind
Subject Topic: Project page forthcoming... Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Duredhel
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: June/19/2003 at 1:19pm | IP Logged Quote Duredhel

I have been working in parallel on the Morrowind specific components of my larger effort, the Middle-earth height-map.  Testing and proof-of-concept has gone well and now I only need to concentrate on tweaking the import tools I'm using to be able to work with such a large terrain file.

For now, the only eye candy I have to look at are some screenshots of the custom trees I'd modeled for Morrowind.  Have a look below!

Bird's eye view of the tree from within TES:CS.  It nearly consumes an entire cell.

Various canopy shots...

Sauron
Snaga
Snaga

Posted: May/01/2004 at 11:32am | IP Logged Quote Sauron

when do you expect to release the Morrowind MOD
Back to Top View Sauron's Profile Search for other posts by Sauron Visit Sauron's Homepage Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

Duredhel
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: June/04/2004 at 12:39am | IP Logged Quote Duredhel

Undetermined right now.  I'm presently toying with the idea of simply releasing it in it's present condition but even the time to accomplish task eludes me.  Maybe after the summer I'll have more time to dedicate to this project.
Back to Top View Duredhel's Profile Search for other posts by Duredhel Visit Duredhel's Homepage Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

Sauron
Snaga
Snaga

Posted: June/23/2004 at 1:59pm | IP Logged Quote Sauron

Ok thanks dude
Back to Top View Sauron's Profile Search for other posts by Sauron Visit Sauron's Homepage Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

baronulrich
Snaga
Snaga

Posted: September/06/2008 at 1:06am | IP Logged Quote baronulrich

Hello Duredhel,

You've done very impressive work here. I've been a J.R.R. Tolkien "scholar" for many years now (I've read the LoTR books about 20 times in 28 years, usually in the fall). I've just discovered Terragen (Terragen2) and I am beginning to work on doing the same thing for Harnworld that you have done for Endor.

So to clarify, you are using Adobe Photoshop to create the heightmap, and then you reference that file (convert first) to generate the terrain renders using Terragen? I noticed that Terragen 2 does not have anywhere as convenient a feature for "raising" and "lowering" terrain as Terragen .9.

Two questions: 1) How long it did it take to render your 8-minute tour of northwest Endor? 2) How big (dimensionally) is the raw height-map? I'm looking for your expertise to scale my Harnmap. The actual dimensions of Harn are approximately 1000km north to south and 1500 km east-west.

Best of regards to you and again, you are certifiable to strike it "alone" on this project. Have fun and keep swinging.

Oh, just if you are wondering, that *is* me in the avatar, fighting in my 13th century armor.

Edited by baronulrich on September/07/2008 at 3:44pm

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version